Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I like this new schedule!

Hello blog friends!  Today was my second day at my new job and I really love my new schedule.  I have time to go to the gym in the mornings before work, and I get home earlier than I did when I worked in Frederick (duh).  I just feel like I have more of a life outside of work now.  Now that we have a gym membership Erik goes to the gym after work and still ends up getting home at the same time he did before, weird how that works, but it is better for him to drive without a million hours of traffic, we all know how I feel about traffic.

For this morning’s workout, I got to the gym a bit earlier than I did yesterday, but still not early enough.  I ended up doing 2.2 miles on the elliptical and ran 1 mile afterwards.  I still managed to have time for abs, but not as much time as I would have liked.

When I got back, I had a bowl of cereal, and I looked over to the front door and look at what I saw:


How super cute is she? Haha. She loooooves the sun. 

Midday at work I was feeling super tired, I don’t know why, so I went to the kitchen area where they have an awesome coffee machine and I made myself a latte/cappuccino swirl.



Yum! I don’t think I will be making lattes too often, but I needed a little pick me up.  Tomorrow perhaps I will bring an energy bar.

On the menu tonight was another clean eating recipe¸ Mediterranean Calzones, and they were pretty good.  I think it needed a bit more of something, which we later discovered was spices haha. But it was pretty good, and very clean.



Here is the recipe:

Mediterranean Calzone

These clean calzones, or pizza pockets, are full of Mediterranean flavor - plus a whopping 19 grams of fiber!

Serves: 4  Hands-on time: 20 minutes. Total time: 45 minutes.

INDREDIENTS:

·         8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast

·         3 cups baby spinach

·         2 cloves garlic, diced

·         1/4 cup whole-wheat flour

·         1 16-oz pkg whole-wheat pizza dough

·         1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese

·         1/2 cup onion, chopped

·         4 artichoke hearts, chopped

·         1/4 cup roasted red peppers, rinsed and chopped

·         1 small Roma tomato, seeded, cored and diced

·         1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese

·         2 tsp olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.    Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake chicken breast for 15 to 20 minutes, until fully cooked. Meanwhile, steam spinach, garlic and 1 tsp water in a bowl for 2 minutes on high in microwave. When cool, drain excess liquid.

2.    Cover a flat surface and rolling pin with flour. Divide pizza dough into 4 sections by cutting with a knife. Roll out each section into a circle. Place each section on a baking sheet.

3.    Mix ricotta cheese and onion together with spinach-garlic mixture.

4.    To assemble each calzone: Layer 1/4 of ricotta mixture, 1 artichoke heart, 1 tbsp red pepper and 2 oz chicken breast on 1 half of each dough section. Next sprinkle 1 tbsp tomato and 3 tbsp feta. Be sure to leave 1/4 inch around perimeter of dough. Fold in half to make a half-moon shape, pinch sides together with water to stick. Brush exterior of dough, on both sides, with oil, gently flipping over calzone to avoid contents ripping through. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until dough is golden and feels crusty to the touch. Let cool for 5 minutes.

Nutrients per calzone: Calories: 580, Total Fat: 11 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 81 g, Fiber: 19 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 42 g, Sodium: 670 mg, Cholesterol: 60 mg

After dinner, we decided to have some of Erik’s birthday cake; I forgot to post the picture of the cake this past weekend.  I will update the post from the party tomorrow.



The cake wasn’t as good as it was on Sunday so I didn’t eat more than two bites of it before I threw it out… me throwing out cake, weird I know.  But I decided I didn’t want to waste the calories on something I wasn’t super in love with. 

Well folks that is all for today, we are going to watch the Biggest Loser Finale we recorded from last week!

2 comments:

Chroang said...

Really Dorsa? You don't have anything better to do? :)

Dorsa said...

Hey I write these at home :-p