Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Glorious Weather!

Ahhh another glorious bird-chirping, wind blowing morning, a girl could really get used to this! I think Ella really loves being able to lay outside in the sun in the mornings, and it makes my heart happy that she is able to do that.


Workout #1
Today I decided to change up my gym routine and I think I really liked it.  I ran a mile on the treadmill first, and then did my 3.15 miles on the Elliptical.  I think this way I will be able to increase the distance I run on the treadmill faster, while being super efficient at the gym.  I really don’t have too much time in the mornings for the gym unless I get up earlier to go (which I don’t really wanna do), so I have to jam in all of my cardio for the day in one hour.  Eventually I would like to run a 10k in that time span, so that I can be ready for the official 10k that we signed up for in October.  I think that is going to be a big challenge for me, the furthest distance I have ever run is three miles, and to think I have to double that by October!? Insane! But I am determined to do it!

Breakfast this morning was an English muffin with cream cheese and strawberry jelly.  I know not the healthiest thing in the world, but I am out of bananas, and I refuse to eat my cheerios without bananas. (Note to self: go to store and get bananas). I did have a peach as my snack though:


Lunch was leftover couscous and Mango Cho-nola.


We have a patio at work and I tried to take an artistic picture of my lunch, my book and the patio, but that failed miserably. Oh well I will try again tomorrow, Ha! I am on page 102 of The Hunger Games, really I just want to sit by the pool and read the rest of it right now! After lunch we had birthday cake in the office:


Our intern, Joey’s, birthday was today so the managers decided to get him a cake.  It is weird (in a fabulous way) to see managers and owners of a company care about their employees.  I love this place *happy face*

Workout #2

Today’s P90x workout was Shoulders & Arms plus Ab Ripper.  I could only get through half of the workout before Erik got home and we started making dinner, so I will finish the rest of the workout tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was BBQ Salmon with corn relish, and boy was it yummy. It was such a perfectly light summer meal.  We both loved it.




Alright folks, time for more ER! Have a nice night!

1 comment:

Chroang said...

tisk tisk on P90x workout :)
That is a light dinner, i would be starving if i only eat that portion.