Thursday, June 30, 2011

Garden talk

Hello friends! Erik and I are feeling much better today!

Last night we watched the season finale of The Voice, and our favorite guy, Javier Calon, won! YAY team Adam, although Dia Frampton is amazing, and we love her voice as well.  I would have been happy if either one of them had won!

This morning I got up, had breakfast as usual:


and really battled with myself about my morning workout.  Luckily my hubby forced encouraged me to take Ella for a run. No but seriously I am glad he did, because it felt good. Ella and I ran 1.38 miles; not great but not bad either and I think we ran it in 10 minutes. I would have actually gone further, but I decided too late that I wanted to go running so I ran out of time.  When I got back I hung out with Tony Horton and the crew and did the 15 minutes of Ab Ripper X.

For lunch today I had more leftover spaghetti:


I am trying to control portion sizes so I put it in a 2 cup container so I will know how much I have had.  It is crazy how small a serving size actually is. But it filled me up enough, along with my peach and peach chobani:


Mm mm mm. I was actually really craving a turkey sandwich today but we have a lot of leftovers in the fridge so we need to eat those before they go bad. 

So back to the title of this post, I have been debating all summer whether or not I should have a garden this year.  Last year our garden was great, but as usual I planted too much and most of the veggies went to waste.  I know that I want tomatoes and zucchini, but I don’t know what else to plant this year.  I think I am going to do it.  The first step was to clean out the garden:


It was completely overgrown with weeds.  I don’t even know what those things are that are growing in there. So 2 hours and three bags later this is what my garden looks like:



It is crazy how much crud was in there.  I am not sure if I will have time this weekend to plant, hmmm perhaps I will have time on Monday. Hooray for 3 day weekends.

Any ideas on what other veggies I should plant this year? Help me out!

I played around with the idea of growing my veggies and selling them at eastern market, but I don’t know if I will ever have enough. I have some maddddd zucchini growing skills. Haha. Hmm on that note, I really need to get my act together and start cooking again, bad wife. *tisk* *tisk*


As I said yesterday Erik wasn’t feeling well *sadface* so he went to the doctors today, therefore we are on a simple diet for the next two days, no fancy meals.  Hopefully whatever is in his system that is making him not feel well, will go away! And honestly who doesn't love Chicken nuggets and tater tots!

After dinner we went to the movies to see Transformers, it was really really good! Youuu should go seeee itttt.

Alright folks that is all for me today! Have a great night!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I've always wanted a garden, but whenever I planted anything the rabbits ate it. In my dream garden I would have eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and spinach. One of my friends planted okra and it was delicious!
Tater tots and chicken nuggets = my childhood. I haven't had either in ages!

Dorsa said...

oo I have never tried to grow eggplant.. That is going to be on my list this year :)

Tater tots are m favorite form of potato.