Sunday, June 26, 2011

I live for the weekend!

Hello friends! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far, I know I am.  I rarely have time to blog on the weekends, because we try and pack as much fun as we can in just two days.  I hope everyone checked out my About Me page I put up on Friday!

Saturday

After sleeping in Saturday morning we headed over to my mom’s house around 9.  We had breakfast then we headed out to the Farmers Market in Fairfax.  I didn’t take a picture of the market because I had Ella with me and let’s just say there were a lot of new smells she was interested in.  She kept me pretty busy.  It was a cute little farmers market; nowhere near the size of the one in Eastern Market, but the food was just as delish.  I ended up getting a few tomatoes, peaches, cucumbers, and a cantaloupe:


After we got back from the Market it was time for us to make our way to our last football game.  Unfortunately when we got there, we realized that the other team was not going to show up, bummer.  We ended up scrimmaging ourselves for about 30 minutes, before we headed over to Front Page for lunch and drinks.  I had a Heidenburger, which in hindsight was way too heavy for me.  Needless to say I did not feel well after lunch. I really need to rethink my food choices, most of the time my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

Erik and I went to Dick’s sporting goods and Old Navy after lunch.  He got some new football/softball cleats at Dick’s, and I got 2 pairs of shorts and a black skirt at Old Navy.  I really want to go through my clothes and donate them, but I always find reasons to keep the clothes I have.


Does anyone else have this problem?

Later in the evening we headed over to Top Golf to celebrate our friend Kevin’s birthday.  I have never seen that place soooo packed.  We had to put our name on a waiting list for a bay, and they had told us that the wait time was an hour and 45 min?! We decided to wait and it really wasn’t that long of a wait.  But it was long enough for us to watch Mexico score on the US twice, barf.  We had a great time, and if you have never tried Top Golf I recommend it.  The golf balls have microchips in them, and the point is to hit the ball into the “holes” to get the most points.  Check out their website for a more detailed description.  Erik won both games, but I gave him a run for his money in the second one for about 2 seconds. Haha.

Sunday

I cut this bad boy up for breakfast Sunday morning:


And we ate it with a delish egg sandwich:


Yum yum yum.  After breakfast Erik really wanted to go for a bike ride and I am so glad he did because it was such a wonderful day to go riding.  We headed out for an hour and a half through the trails of Wakefield and Lake Accotink. Being in the woods was so peaceful this morning; it really was a fabulous way to start off the day.  When we got back Erik was cleaning off the bikes:


And picked me some beautiful hydrangeas from our garden. I put them in a vase and put it on our dining room table:

Shortly after we got back we geared up and headed over to my mom’s house to go to the pool:


There was little humidity today so it was really easy to sit on the pool deck and read. When the guys were in the pool playing with the Toypedo:


(do you remember these things?) Diana and I were yaking up a storm.  She randomly picks up a white twisty tie (and doesn’t realize she picked it up..don’t ask)


Later she turns to me and says, “hey where did this thing come from?” to which I replied, “you just picked it up off the ground and started playing with it.” Haha, she said she didn’t remember picking it up off the ground, haha. It was funny, but I think you had to be there to fully appreciate it.  We got back home and had just enough time for Erik to mow the front yard while I vacuumed before we had to head over to Wakefield for our second to last set of softball games.  We won the first game but lost the second pretty terribly.  There was a really tall guy on their team who hit a homerun at least 50 yards OVER the fence every time he got up to bat.  Redic.  I am sad to see the season end, but we had a lot of fun!

Alright folks, sorry that was such a long post. Have a great night and I will see you guys tomorrow!

No comments: