Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yes I did it!

I had mentioned yesterday that after my 1 mile run I felt that I could have kept going, and today I did! I ran 2 miles today on the treadmill, even after I did 2.5 miles on the elliptical! I still felt like I could keep going on the treadmill but again I ran out of time at the gym.

Should I keep running until I am totally maxed out each day, or should I increase 1 mile each week?

Like I said I have never been a runner, so I don’t really know what these signals from my body mean.  I don’t want to burn myself out, but I also want to continue making progress.

Breakfast today was the same as yesterday, English muffin, cream cheese, strawberry jelly.  I was going to mix some of my cereals together but I was running late so I just popped the muffin in the toaster oven while I got ready for work. 


For lunch I also had the same thing I had yesterday, Turkey sandwich, butttt I had lunch outside with my mommy! Really it’s the little things in life that put a smile on my face!

I was having a not to stellar morning, reasons too frustrating to explain, but after having lunch with my mom the entire day turned around. 

I was totally super wife today after work.  I got home and got my couponing stuff together while I waited for Lauren to come over to go couponing.  She wanted to get some hair dye and I told her not to pay for it because I could get it for cheap, possibly even free.  After I got my couponing stuff together, I threw in a load of laundry, and Lauren and I headed to Rite Aid. 

Pretty good deals at Rite Aid this week, not fabulous but pretty good. (free toothpaste, free Cortaid Itch spray)

Hopefully I will get to hit up CVS either tomorrow or Friday. So back to Super Wife, when we got back I asked Lauren to peel the potatoes for dinner, while I mowed the lawn.  We have been so busy on the weekends our lawn was getting a bit out of control:


Then I proceeded to mow the lawn, but not before I threw the clothes into the dryer and started a new load and one hour later our lawn was back to normal:


And Ella was happy to have her yard back.  I decided to reward my hard work:



Dinner tonight was beer Brats, Potatoes, and veggies. YUM.



I let the pro do the grilling:


And waited until it was my turn to do what I do best:


Eating *happy face*

Alright folks that is all for tonight! I hope everyone had a great day!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You are superwife. I hope I can be like you someday! :)

smills415 said...

Hey...be careful with increasing your mileage too fast. They recommend increasing it 10% every week...I was increasing more like 1/2 mile to 1 mile every week and that's why I now have runners knee in both knees. Which is not fun. So "slow and steady" is definitely the way to go!! Good job!

Dorsa said...

Thanks Sarah. I will take your advice :).

And Erin you are a superwife already!

Lauren said...

that was so delicious and it was even good for lunch!!! :)