Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dinner Guests!

Greetings blog friends! Hahah I am lame.

I am glad to say that I am surprisingly not sore from yesterday’s double workout, yay.  This morning I work up and headed to the gym, and did 3 miles on the elliptical.  I had planned on doing the shoulders & arms routine but I couldn’t today because we had dinner guests tonight *happyface*, but I will tell you about that in a bit.

Lunch today was a super yummy turkey sandwich:


I was so hungry I started eating it without thinking to take a picture, and when I remembered I had eaten most of it, so what you see is what I had left three seconds into opening my lunch, haha. It was very tasty.
Later I had a new version of my Cho-nola, I had bought a new granola, Quaker Natural Granola, and I wanted to test it out. 


It was just alright, well ok I take that back, the granola itself was super yummy, but when I mixed it in with the Chobani the raisins were too much. 


They were hard and difficult to chew, so next time I will take out all the raisins and eat them separately. But overall it was still pretty good.  Now for the main event: DINNER! Oh man I love to cook.  Our friend Luke called me today and said that he was going to be in town until Saturday, and wanted to get Pho for dinner.  Well, as Erik pointed out to me, it’s over 100 degrees outside today with a million percent humidity, so we passed on the Pho.  But we did invite him and our other friend Katie over for dinner. 


I made a Better Homes and Garden’s recipe, Turkey burgers with Peaches and blueberries.  Sounds weird right? Well it was so amazing!  It was the lightest tasting burger I have ever had. The natural sugars of the peaches and blueberries were the perfect touch.



It would have been a healthy meal, but Luke made some super amazing buttery potatoes. Oh well they were good and it was great to hang out with our friends!

Here is the recipe:
Turkey Burger with Peaches and Blueberries
Start to Finish: 30 minutes


ingredients
4         small peaches
1         lb. ground turkey
4         slices Monterey Jack cheese
½       cup blueberries
¼       tsp. chili powder
4        thick slices roasted garlic country bread or garlic bread, toasted if desired
         Fresh mint (optional)
directions
1.Finely chop one of the peaches; add ground turkey, salt and pepper. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties (if necessary, dampen hands first). Grill directly over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no pink remains (165°F). Add cheese; cover and cook 1 minute more.
2.Meanwhile coarsely chop remaining peaches; combine in a large skillet with blueberries and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through and beginning to have juices form.
3.Top each piece of garlic bread with one patty and some of the peach mixture. Add mint and additional chili powder. Makes 4 servings.
nutrition facts
·         Calories464 
·         Total Fat (g)25 
·         Saturated Fat (g)10,
·         Monounsaturated Fat (g)6, 
·         Polyunsaturated Fat (g)3,
·         Cholesterol (mg)114, 
·         Sodium (mg)614, 
·         Carbohydrate (g)28,
·         Total Sugar (g)11, 
·         Fiber (g)3, 
·         Protein (g)31, 
·         Vitamin C (DV%)14, 
·         Calcium (DV%)23, 
·         Iron (DV%)11, 
·         Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Alright folks, I am off to bed! I hope everyone had a great day!

No comments: