Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Takin’ it easy

Hello blog friends! I woke up with a massive headache and Erik was having some really bad stomach issues so we both decided to work from home today.  Well actually Erik did leave in the morning to deliver something for work, but then came home and worked from home.

Breakfast

Yesterday on my way over to my mom’s house I stopped off at Trader Joe’s to get garlic for my mom, and ended up getting bananas for our house! I heart bananas, so you can probably guess what I had for bfast today:


awesome cereal combo.  After breakfast it was time to get to work.  I have never worked from home before, and I really didn’t know what I was missing. I love working from home.  The only bad part is that I have a lot of access to snacks, but I was good today.

Lunch

My mom made some more yummy Iranian food and let us take some home.


This is called Kuku Sabzi, you can go here for the recipe. I made it into a delish sandwich with tomatoes and cucumbers from the farmers market.

I did not workout today, yay, I needed a break, we have been going at 100 mph and I just needed to slow things down. 

Ella was a bit tuckered out today because she spent all day yesterday with my sister, and today Erik and I are home so she is once again up and running around outside.  Take a look at this:


This is Ella at 8 weeks old, the first day we brought her home.  She has that same blue “hippo” today and loves it.  This was her today:


Passed out. Look at how much smaller she used to be. Oh man, we love going through old puppy pictures, it really makes us want to get another puppy. The picture is a bit deceiving because the blue “hippo” no longer has any stuffing in it, so I think it looks a bit smaller than it did 2 years ago.

Dinner

Dinner tonight was our classic Chicken Nugget Tortellini, but we ran out of pesto so we used regular spaghetti sauce.  Not the same, but still good.  And because we were both feeling a lot better we decided to have a little snack:


SMORES! YES, we used our stove:


(I love gas stoves) and cooked the GIANT marshmallows, until they were crispy:


Mmm I love smores, takes me back to my girl scouting days!  Alright folks, I am off to bed!!! I hope everyone had a great day!  

2 comments:

Tara said...

I never thought of using the gas stove to make smores! I always did the microwave and they always turn out mediocre. I gotta try that!

Ella is too cute!

Dorsa said...

oh man ok so I dont know if you like Reese's peanut butter cups (my fav) but if you do, use that instead of Hershey's to make your smore, trust me your life will never be the same again!

thanks she is too cute for her own good :)