Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Day of Work!!!!

Hello my wonderful blog friends! This is it, today is the day, my last day at work.  There have been a lot of ups and downs with this company, but I have made some extraordinary friends.  I went to lunch with my best lady friends, Jamie, Sylwia, and Kirstie, and we had a great time.  Unfortunately Kirstie had to go back to work after lunch but Jamie and Sylwia and I went to get our nails done, and chatted a while before I had to head home.  I know I will go back up there for Jamie's kid's birthday parties, and I know we will all get together again, but it was still very sad to leave them.

Jamie is one of my very best friends, we have only know each other for a little over 2 years now, but I feel like we have known each other all our lives. She is what I call, " my sister from another mister".  In those two years we have gone through a lot together, and have truly become best friends.  Here is the card she got me, which pretty much sums up our relationship. I love this card!



hehe.  She wrote me a very sweet note on the inside of the card.  In it she said that I was the one that inspired her to change her lifestyle to a healthier one.  I think that one goes both ways.  Yes I did help her get the ball rolling and now she has lost about 30 lbs, and ran a half marathon!  I am so proud of her, she continues to inspire me to stay healthy.  Everytime I see her, or talk to her it makes me want to get outside and run.  So in a sense we both accomplished #95 of my 101 in 1001, to motivate others to live a healthier lifestyle.  In keeping with that theme, when I got home today after a craaazy couponing adventure, more on that later, I took Ella for a nice run with my new Runtone shoes!



I only ran 1.09 miles, before I stopped, but it was a start and its better than nothing.  Tomorrow I plan on going for another run with Ella.

Couponing

oh goodness, I don't know why I get so flustered when I go couponing.  I didn't take a picture of all the stuff I got this week, because when I got home I just wanted to put it all away and go running, but it was a good deal week.  I think the best deal I got was $5 for 2 spray bottles of coppertone  sunblock at CVS, which are originally $12 each. So back to my crazy story, I went over my my in-law's house and we sat and chatted for a while, before I took my mother-in-law to CVS with me.  I had asked her earlier which deodorant she uses and she said Degree, and I had told her I could get those for $1 each.  Well when we got to CVS we headed straight for the degree and pick 4 of them up.  We continued our shopping and once I dropped her off at home and headed over to Rite Aid I looked at my coupons and realized the degree deal was at Rite aid. UGH.  I got the degree at Rite Aid, ( I got 4 deodorants for $4), and went to my mother-in-law's house to pick up the cvs ones to return.  It was such a better deal because at CVS they were 4 for $10.  Anyway, I guess you had to be there to see how flustered I was, but in the end it was worth it.  Moral of this lesson is that I cannot go couponing with anyone else, I must go by myself.  I just get too excited with I go with other people, I need to stay in the zone and focus. Whew.

Tonight for dinner, we went over to my mom's house! YUMMY. No pictures sorry, but trust me when I say it was amazing.

Alright friends, I am off to bed! Tomorrow is my last Friday off, and I must make the most of it!

No comments: