Thursday, May 19, 2011

Counting our Blessings!

Oh man what a crazy afternoon and evening.  First off, I was at home cleaning the house like a mad woman because I knew we had a full night ahead of us.  We had planned on visiting our friend in the hospital, so we were getting ready to go drop Ella off at my mom’s house. Erik walks in and I take one look at him and I knew something was wrong, his face was completely pale.  He said that something had fallen off of the pedestrian bridge near our house onto the hood of his car, and that if it had gone through the windshield it could have hurt him quite badly!  I was terrified, but also relieved that he was ok. 
 
I walked out to his car to see the damage, and wow, Thank you Lord for watching over Erik!



Needless to say, I was hugging him and wouldn’t let him go.  He said the more he thinks about it he realizes that it might have been something that had come off of a truck that was in front of him.  Either way, the only thing that matters is that he is safe, but I am ready for all of this construction around our house to be complete!  After he got off the phone with the insurance company, which I am happy to say was painless *happy face*, we packed up Ella’s stuff and headed over to my mom’s house. 

After dinner, we were getting ready to head out to see our friend let’s call him “Jack”, and our other friend, we will call her “Mary”,  called us and said, “So I don’t know if you guys want to head up here tonight, because Jack’s wife, (we will call her “Sally”), is in labor!.”  Oh yea I failed to mention that Sally was pregnant and due to be induced on Monday.  We decided we were going to stay at my mom’s and wait to see what was going on. 

Long story short Sally thought she was have Braxton Hicks contractions, so she wasn’t really concerned, but as it turns out, she barely made it up to the hospital bed before their baby was born. CRAZY!  I called Mary back and she said, “I can’t really talk right now, Sally just had her baby!”, WHHAATTT? Insanity! Mary later called back and asked if we could pick up Sally’s sister and bring her to the hospital.  So we did and we got to see our friends and hold the baby.  Her sister had driven Sally to the hospital, and said that if they had hit one more red light, they would have been pulled over on the side of the road having a baby.


It was a crazy night but everything turned out well, my husband is safe and a new baby was born :) 

I hope everyone had a great night :)

No comments: