Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Watch out Target... We are coming for you!

Oh boy, Kirstie and I had wonderful success at Rite Aid and CVS today! Let’s set up the scene a bit, we had decided last night that we needed to hit up both Rite Aid and CVS today, in order to get the deals before the crazies get them all. But in order to do both in our limited 45 minute lunch break, we needed to be ON POINT with our Rite Aid deals; you see we only wanted the Neutrogena sun block from CVS, so we knew that would be quick. So last night when I got home I sat behind my computer and watched some Rite Aid videos and printed out coupons so I would be ready.

Lunchtime rolls around and we head out to Rite Aid, and we head straight to the detergent section first (after you coupon a few times you will realize which deals will sell out the quickest so you run to those first, its an art form people).  We are kneeling to look on the bottom shelf at the Finish gel packs for the dishwasher, when I don’t know how it happened but I slipped and fell over, haha, this created a slight 10 minute distraction as we couldn’t seem to stop laughing.  With tears in our eyes we grab the gel packs and head to finish up our deals, we scored big time at Rite Aid this week. 

 

I got $45.49 worth of stuff for $13.13!  Unreal! GREAT SUCCESS! Next we headed over to CVS and grabbed our bottles of sun block and headed back to the office.



Each bottle was originally around $14, they were on sale for around $11, I had a $3 off $15 health product purchase, a rare 30% my total purchase, and two $1 off coupons.  I spend $12 for both of these, AND I got $10 CVS extra care bucks back, aka I paid $2 for both sun blocks.  I know that there will be some free sun block deals coming as we move into the summer months, so I will definitely keep my eyes out for those, because you can never have too much sun screen. (Oh yes I also failed to mention that as I was walking out of CVS I ran into the door, I don’t know what is wrong with me, haha).  So tomorrow we hit up Target, and boy are there some excellent deals at target this week! Better be ready for us Target, because here we come!

On the Menu tonight was yet another clean eating recipe. 

 

Deconstructed Lasagna!  I absolutely love lasagna to begin with so when I saw this I knew I just HAD to try it. And wow it was really good. Here is the recipe:


Deconstructed Lasagna - Clean Eating

Ingredients

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 cups eggplant, unpeeled and cubed
1/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup no-salt added tomato sauce, divided
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat fusilli
1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
1 cup part-skim ricotta
1/2 cup tomato, diced
10 fresh basil leaves, torn
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella

Directions

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef, onion, garlic, eggplant and carrots until meat is cooked thouroughly. about 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 mins. Then uncover and stir in spinach until just beginning to wilt.

Cook fusilli according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Cook macaroni. Drain and add to fusilli.

In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, tomato, basil and oil.

In a large bowl, add beef mixture, pasta, remaining sauce and mozzarella, stirring until well-combined. Then stir in ricotta mixture, until all contents are combined.

Number of Servings: 6


Well folks, it’s time to watch Glee and Raising Hope! I hope everyone has a great night!!!

No comments: