Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crazy storm and Pulled Pork

Hello blog friends! How is everyone doing, well I hope! We have been quite busy today, last night there was a crazy wind storm while we were sleeping and when we woke up this is what we found in our backyard:






Ella likes sticks as you can see, she was trying to help us clean up! Tomorrow is Erik’s birthday and we are having a big BBQ J.  For our BBQ we are making homemade pulled pork.  It is a recipe we got from one of Erik’s Coworkers and I hope it turns out as good as when we last tasted it.  With this particular recipe we made our own chili rub, which required us to buy dried chilies and bake them in the oven.  This is what the pork shoulder looked like after I applied the rub:




And this is what my hands looked like after the pork rub:


Haha, the rub smelled so good, I can’t wait to eat it.  We have to let it cook for 11 hours in the slow cooker, so this will require us to cook it overnight.   Tonight we are headed to Hyojon’s house for dinner and an outdoor movie.

I hope everyone has a great night!

No comments: