Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Overnight Oats!

Hello blog friends! Last night’s House season finalie was AWESOME. Man I love that show. Right before bed last night I made this wonderful concoction:



Overnight Oats, a recipe I found from reading Colleen’s blog. When you get to the bottom of a peanut butter jar instead of getting messy trying to get the last bits of peanut butter out, make this: 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water (and you can add nuts, bananas, raisins, really whatever else you want, I didn’t have anything else to add this time) and leave it in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning! It was really good, but very very filling. I only ate half this morning for breakfast and finished the rest of it with my lunch. Don’t worry, I did in fact finish it:



Good thing I had it too because we ran out of bread and I only had a half sandwich:


But don’t worry I went to Costco today and got more bread!

Traffic was a NIGHTMARE today, it took me two hours to get home! TWO HOURS?! really?! I just keep thinking to myself two more days, two more days! Unfortunately, my husband still has to commute that way, so I am hoping traffic starts dying down soon. I am hoping my new commute will be mostly traffic free, my mom says she doesn’t hit any traffic so that is good news!
On the Menu tonight was another Clean Eating recipe, Honey Ginger Chicken, it was not a do it again meal. It was super easy to cook, but it just didn’t have enough flavor.



The recipe was just for the chicken, and I added the veggies and noodles to make it a more complete meal. It was just an ok meal, I think it needed something else but I couldn’t really figure out what.

Well folks its time for the Glee season finale!!!!! I hope everyone has a great night!

No comments: