Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend round-up

Hello blog friends!  It has been a really busy weekend, hence my lack of blogging, and picture taking. 
Erik had to work from 9-3pm on Saturday, so we didn’t get to have our usual yummy waffle breakfast *sad face*, but we made some eggs and I made a egg and cheese wrap? (we were out of English Muffins)


It was actually quite delish, I will be making that again.  So, yes as I said Erik had to work on Saturday so after he left I decided to mow the front and back yard so that when he got home we wouldn’t be stuck at home doing chores! My mom and sister came over just as I was wrapping up, and we headed out to Performance Bike in order to get my sister her very first bike.  She has always had hand-me-down bikes from me so this was her first bike. Sorry I didn’t take a picture of it, but I am sure you will see it on here sometime in the near future. We ran a few more errands, and I did some major couponing (I hadn’t gone in 2 weeks) before heading home and doing some laundry. I would call that a very productive morning.

After Erik got home from work we basically hung around, watched tv and played with Ella until it was time for us to go out with our softball team for our end of the year party.  We went to the Viet Bistro, in Falls church.  The food was pretty good, but we sat outside and they had this weird misting system from their ceiling outside which made it much more humid than it would have been without it.  We had a great time (lots of laughing and way too much food)!  My friend Leah took a lot of pictures that night and I am waiting for her to post them on facebook so I can steal them and call them my own on here! Haha.

After dinner we headed to Arlington to Eleventh street lounge for some drinks and a lot of dancing! What a great night!

Sunday we had totally intended on sleeping in, but I had forgotten that I told my sister to come over to our house at 9am so we could go for a bike ride. We are so glad she did because we had a great ride.  We rode for about 2 ½ hours and went about 10-12 miles.  I think it was a bit further than that, because we were in the woods at Wakefield and you can’t really map the entire route out accurately.  I need to take my bike into the shop so that they can fix the (I don’t even know what to call it) mileage tracker thingy we put on it.  Ha

After our bike ride, we were pooped, well I think just Ava and I were pooped, haha.  We headed over to my mom’s house so my sister could get ready for dinner, and Erik, Lauren and I went to Fair Oaks Mall and Costco.  Erik bought new sunglasses (now he won’t take them off), and Lauren got a dress and new sandals. At Costco, we spent too much, as usual, and got some yummy things before heading back to pick up my sister. 

We then headed over to Erik’s parent’s house for a birthday dinner! It was my father-in-law’s birthday!  We had some super delish pulled pork sandwiches, and potato salad, along with a cake Anya brought over from The Swiss Bakery. It was a great ending to a fabulous weekend!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Too bad you guys didn't get to have waffles.. I've been craving them lately but I hate washing the waffle iron, haha! I love long bike rides like the one you guys took. They leave me spent!!

Dorsa said...

I was so so sad that we couldn't have waffles.

Oh man I just had the best idea, breakfast for dinner! Yup decided I am going to do it!

I was so tired yesterday after our long ride. We have been going every weekend, aka 3 weeks in a row, haha.

Lauren said...

Oh yeahhh!!! Good pulled pork, mmm potatoe salad!!

That cake was the shiz too!