Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Physical Therapy- Day 1

I mentioned earlier, that I was going to my first therapy session today, and it went really well.  Well I think it did, when they first tested my range of motion everything seemed awesome; they said I had full range in most directions.  But when I was lying down on the table and she was massaging my shoulder and stretching it out, my range of motion was horrible.  We were both confused. 

It’s really weird because my pain slash range of motion differs almost every time I move it.  I’m going to say that it’s still very early in the healing process and perhaps my shoulder just wasn’t expecting me to work it out this soon.  Dear shoulder, please suck it up and heal.. thanks…also please stop hurting... thanks again...

One of my PT’s said I can do anything I want as long as it doesn’t hurt my shoulder, aka if it hurts stop doing it.  So yay! She did recommend I don’t run right now though, so as an alternative I will be going to the gym and getting back on the elliptical.  I plan on trying it out tomorrow morning!

Here are a few shots from lunch and  my yummy fruit salad:



Veggie wrap, before it was wrapped, hehe its so full:




And for dinner we were going to get free pizza (a deal from the Washington Post), but when I signed up for the deal, it said I wouldn’t get my coupon until Friday, LAME-SAUCE.  So my mom and I made some delish Chinese food, my phone had a heart attack when I took the picture and I lost the picture, so sorry... no picture. 

We used the Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken and used one packet of the sauce on the chicken and one packet on the veggies, it was perfect.  Usually the chicken has way too much sauce on and it and we end up wasting it, not this time!

 Alright that is all for me today.  I hope everyone had a great day!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Injuries stink. It's so weird how your range of motion was fine but then it felt bad with the massage.. the body is a strange thing! I have had so many injuries from running and I know how much it sucks to be sidelined. Hope everything heals fast!

Such a bummer that you didn't get your free pizza coupon! Your dinner sounds like it was good anyway!