Saturday, July 16, 2011

Early morning accident

Sorry I didn't blog for a few days.

Yesterday morning on my way to work I was in a car accident. *sad* I was on my way to work and all of a sudden a car (with an 80-year old lady) made a left hand turn into my car.  She was pulling into a shopping center (I don't know what she was doing #1 driving, and #2 going shopping at 8:30am on a Friday).  She had claimed her light was green, even though my light was green.  A very nice gentleman came up to the police and told them what he saw, that in fact my light was green.  She had a green light, but not a green arrow.  Does that make sense?



Anyway, after I was hit the front and side airbags went off and I tried to get out of my car.  The door was bent, so I couldn't get the door open.  Another nice gentleman from the CVS came and yanked open my door to help me out.  I was in a considerable amount of pain, (shoulder).


 I called Erik and my mom and told them what had happened, but couldn't give them details because the ambulance arrived and wanted to look at my shoulder.   The EMT guys were so nice, and were very good at their jobs. I was relieved to have such good help.  I called my mom and Erik back and told them they were taking me to the hospital and that they should meet us there. I had a nice ride in the ambulance with the help of some pain meds and a funny EMT.


Once we got to the hospital, they took me in for xrays and determined that nothing was broken or out of place, thank goodness. I had told them when I got out of my car I felt something pop in my shoulder, and the doctor said it was most likely dislocated and when you got up it put it back into place. I am so thankful I have an amazing car, thanks Erik for picking it out. And I am so grateful that my mom and Erik were both at the hospital with me.

smooshed headlight

After we left the hospital, we went to the impound lot, where they took my car, (that is where the pictures are from), and we opened the hood and realized that everything including my engine had shifted,


my poor car, I really hope it's not totaled and that they can fix it.  I really love that car!  This is what I looked like after we got home from the hospital:


horrible. and I really have no idea how this happened, but this also burns a lot,


I am happy to be safe, and healthy! Watch out for old ladies!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yikes! Dorsa! Glad you escaped with only minor injuries. Your car looks not so good...hope they can fix it... Eighty year old people are high risk drivers...for others on the road...fortunately I have many more years before reaching that milestone...hope you heal well and quickly. Love, Aunt Sue

Lauren said...

This was not a good week for driving!!! I'm glad you're okay though!!! eeekkk!

:)

Tara said...

That sounds so scary even though everything was okay! I've never been in a car accident before and I'm terrified of the airbags. I'm so glad you're okay!!