Thursday, July 7, 2011

I lied…

When I said I was taking a break this week… well sort of, I said I was taking a break from the gym.  I didn’t say I wasn’t going to go running. I got home from work and marinated the Fish for the fish tacos:


Then put it in the fridge and took Ella for a run:


Then did Ab Ripper.  By body was telling me all day to workout, so I listened. But let’s backtrack a bit, this morning’s breakfast was cereal combo with bananas:


I am trying to finish this Fiber One cereal, because Fooducate told me it was really bad for me. I won’t be buying it again.  A lot of low sugar “healthy” cereals have bad ingredients in them.  I will be checking my handy dandy Fooducate app next time I buy cereal, or really anything that isn’t fresh. Speaking of fresh:


More fruit salad morning snack! YUM. The flavors are starting to marry together and it gets better and better everyday! Lunch was leftovers from last night’s dinner:


This also tasted a lot better today than it did last night, not saying it wasn’t super delish last night, but for some reason it was better today.  It could have been because I was STARVING.  I was so busy with work today that I didn’t get to my lunch until 1:30. Which is ok because we finally got DROOLS to run a rule! YES! (nerd). One of the show stoppers today (foodwise) was this little cup of heaven:


My absolute favorite flavor of Chobani, Pineapple.  I couldn’t even wait for it to freeze I had to eat it right away!

*insert fish taco marination and 2 mile run here*

When I got back from my run, Ella collapsed



and I started to put together the rest of the ingredients for the tacos:


And when Erik came home he grilled the fish:





And then we ate!





Oh man this was so amazing, perfect summer dish,  I used Tilapia instead of Mahi Mahi and we grilled it:

Mahi Mahi Soft Tacos

Course: main meals
PointsPlus™
 Value:    6
Servings:
  4
Preparation Time:
  12 min
Cooking Time:
  13 min
Level of Difficulty:
  Easy


Ingredients
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste   

1 pound(s) mahi mahi fillet(s), rinsed and patted dry   
1 1/2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely minced   
1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice   
1/2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed   

2 Tbsp scallion(s), finely minced   
1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced   
8 small corn tortilla(s)   
8 spray(s) cooking spray   

2 cup(s) lettuce, any type, shredded*   

1/2 cup(s) peach salsa, or mango salsa   

1 medium lime(s), cut into 4 wedges   
Instructions
·         Rub salt into fish; set aside. 
·         In a glass or ceramic baking dish, combine ginger, lime juice, sugar, scallions and cilantro; mix well. Add fish; turn to coat. Cover fish and marinate in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. 
·         Preheat broiler to high. (If desired, line a broiler pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.)
·         Remove fish from marinade and place on broiler pan; brush with marinade. Broil for 6 minutes; flip fish and brush with marinade again. Cook until fish is no longer translucent in middle, about 5 to 7 minutes more depending on thickness of fish. Remove fish immediately; cut into 8 large pieces.
·         Divide fish, lettuce and salsa among tortillas; fold in half and serve with lime. Yields 2 tacos per serving.

That is all for me today! I hope everyone had a great day!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

mmmm tacos!!!

Tara said...

I need to check out that fooducate app! I bet it would tell me that a lot of what I eat isn't so clean.. and I probably wouldn't stop eating it. Okay, maybe some things, but I sort of love the fiber one "twig" cereal.

Dorsa said...

Fooducate is amazing. I haven't tried the "twig" one, but I know mine is probably bad (Honey Oat Clusters) because of the refined sugar.

Have you tried making meals from the "clean eating" book/magazine. They are fab!

Erin said...

ooooo I can't wait to make this recipe! We made spring rolls tonight! They were delish!