Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yummy Pasta

Nothing really too exciting to post today other than our dinner :) I suggest adding a little spice to it because it was a bit bland. You can also add some chicken if you want some more protein! Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Penne with Creamy Wild Mushroom Sauce
Ingredients
1 Oz dried wild mushrooms
1 cup boiling water
2 tsp olive oil
1 8 oz pkg sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup FF ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
1 egg yolk
1 tsp sea salt
1 14 oz box dreamfield penne pasta
Directions
place dried mushrooms in a medium bowl, pour boiling water over and let them soak for 20 minutes. Drain keeping the water, slice the mushrooms.
Heat oil add fresh mushrooms thyme and garlic, saute for 10 minutes add wild mushroom and continue to saute for 3 more minutes.
while mushrooms are cooking combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, drained mushroom water, egg yolk, salt, puree until smooth.
cook pasta in large pot
add pasta and pureed cheese mixture to pan with mushrooms, combine adding additional pasta water if to thick.
Number of Servings: 5
Today’s workout was Kenpo X! I knew the first week would be hard but I think this time it is harder than the very first time we started P90x.  That will teach me never to stop working out!!! 
Well folks I am off to bed, I have tomorrow off! I have lots to do! :)

No comments: