Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Couponing is amazing!

Today I had my first crazy couponing experience with Kirstie, and trust me when I tell you it was INTENSE haha. There were coupons everywhere, seriously, I was dropping all the coupons on the ground, Kirstie couldn’t find half of her coupons, it was a mess, but all in all a great success.

I bought all this stuff:

 
for $15.  You can’t even get 2 of these products for $15, it is absolutely ridiculous.  The total before the coupons was $45!!!  It was such a rush, haha, isn’t that sad? I admit we were a bit unorganized, mainly because I had no idea what I was doing, and I needed to cut a few coupons in the car before we got to Rite Aid, but we will get better the more we go.  I want you to note that I got THREE Almay products, originally $7.50 each, for $7.

Here is how I did that at Rite Aid:
It was buy 2 get one free @ 7.50 each.
I used 3 $1 off coupons found in the Super Saver in 4/10’s Washington Post
Plus I get $5 rebate check from Rite Aid
Final Cost: $7 for all three

Cool huh? And the contact solution was free! I love free things.  We also went to CVS and I got 3 Fuze drinks, and a Chocolate Easter Egg for $.77.  Tomorrow we are going to Target to get some more free stuff :) Anyway...

Tonight’s workout was Plyometrics! I was already really sore from yesterday’s workout, so it was harder than usual.  For dinner tonight I finally made the Orange Glaze salmon from Clean Eating:


Baked Salmon with Orange Glaze Recipe


Makes 2 servings






From Clean Eating Magazine

Ingredients
10oz. salmon
2cups spinach, Chopped
1cup mushrooms,Sliced
2Roma tomatoes, chopped
4tbsp Low sugar marmalade
1/2tsp ginger, minced
1/2tsp garlic, minced
1tsp Tahini
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375. Place salmon filets in a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Mix remaining ingredients until well blended and spoon over salmon. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily. Top with orange glaze.
  2. Glaze:
  3. In a microwave bowl, combine ingredients. Stir well. heat for 3 minutes, stopping to stir every minute. Let cool. 


It was pretty good, a nice light “summer” dish. And for dessert courtesy of Trader Joe's, Apple Strudel:



Alright folks, it’s time for biggest Loser, have a nice night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that I won't talk to you tomorrow but I love the picture. You are so excited and it is cute. It was a total mess today, tomrrow will be better - I know that I am more prepared.
Just think - even when we were disorganized we still saved money.