Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kenpo Thursday!

I really love the P90x Kenpo workout, Erik and I were talking about enrolling into a karate class, or I was thinking to follow in my friend Kirstie’s steps and start doing kickboxing, maybe next winter. I really like working out at home, because I don’t feel like I am throwing money away during the summer when I would rather be outside playing sports than in a sweaty gym.

For dinner I made another Clean Eating recipe: Chicken Asparagus Casserole.


This picture does not do the meal any justice, I almost didn’t put the picture up.  Here is the recipe:


Baked Chicken & Asparagus Casserole

  • 1 Cup water
  • 1 Can Campbell’s condensed 98% fat free cream of broccoli soup
  • 1¾ Cups cooked wild rice
  • 24 Asparagus spears
  • 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 Ounces low fat Monterey Jackcheese, shredded
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together water and soup.
  • Spread rice in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Arrange asparagus stalks lengthwise atop rice, then lay chicken breasts on top.
  • Pour soup mixture over everything and sprinkle with cheese.
  • Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

After dinner I ate this wonderful dessert that my sister-in-law Anya got me from the Swiss Bakery:


It was a mini cheesecake, and it was fabulous.  She said it was a few days old, and that when they are fresh they taste even better. We also got these Asian Pears from Erik’s parents, aren’t they cute with their little hats on?!


haha, they weren’t as ripe as others I have had, but they are still yummy.  Well folks that is all for tonight! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

No comments: