Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beautiful Spring Weather =



eating outside!!!  This morning Erik and I made our traditional Sunday morning egg sandwiches, and ate them outside!  It was delightful. We wanted to go for a bike ride today, but we knew that all the mountain biking trails in our area would be muddy, so we decided against it.  Our front and backyard however, did need a nice mowing, so Erik mowed the lawn while I sat on our patio furniture and enjoyed the sun with my Kindle!

After Erik was done mowing the backyard, I helped him pick up some dead grass and throw down some new grass seed. We are determined to get our lawn looking perfect in time for our first official summer BBQ.  During this time Ella was running around like a mad dog, sniffing the grass seed, and running away from the hose.  Hilarious!

Afterwards, Erik grabbed two beers and we sat outside and enjoyed the weather some more.  I was reading my kindle and Erik was reading his book when he decided to pop out his Christmas Present from Diana!   Diana got him outdoor speakers for our Ipod, and we set it up while we read.  Honestly it was one of the most relaxing days ever!  When the sun was no longer shinning on our backyard, we decided to have lunch outside, I didn’t take a picture of it because it was a similar sandwich to the one we had yesterday.

Later, we went over to Erik’s parent’s house to hang out, and decided to stay there for dinner. The ladies went to the store while the men talked.  We had decided to have Brats, potato salad, and corn for dinner. yum yum yum. (sorry no picture, you will just have to imagine how good it was).  We doodled around their house for a while longer, while we waited for the crazy storm to pass. There was an insane amount of lightening and thunder.  But it sure did feel nice to have the windows open.  :)

Well folks, that is all for today! 


What is your favorite aspect of springtime?

-Mine is being able to sleep with the windows open.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love that everything starts coming back to life. Winter is so dreary. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow, but spring, with its fresh air and flowers, is always such a nice reminder that it won't always be winter!

I also gave your blog an award, please do stop by my blog to accept it!