Friday, March 4, 2011

Lunch with Luke

I feel like that should be a tv show, where we go around seeing how much food Luke can eat.. I suppose that would be the same things as Man vs. Food. Haha. Well today was my Friday off, so I ran a few errands. After watching about 4 episodes of Saved by the Bell (the college years), I took Ella for a run. I am not a running and I have never run with a dog, let me tell you it’s really hard. I came back finished up the laundry, vacuumed the house, and made our dinner list for the week. After that I was off to Giant, I hate grocery shopping, it is the devil.

I met Luke for lunch at “3” in Arlington. I don’t know if any of you have ever been there but it was really yummy, I highly recommend it. I knew it was going to be a good/fatty lunch when I walked in and Luke said, I hope you are ready to be a fat kid because we need to spend $40 and the entrees are all really cheap. I forgot to take a picture of our appetizers, but they were awesome. We had a “Grilled Brie Wheel” and “Grandma Doris’ “Mac” and Salad”. This was the description on the menu: Linguini & Creamy Cheddar Sauce, Mixed Greens Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette . SO GOOD. For the main dish, I got a burger with fries, and Luke had the 3's BLT (shown in the first picture):

(what you see is what was left of my burger after I was finished) .

I took the bacon off of my burger and gave it to Luke, which is why there are like 100 pieces of bacon on his sandwich.

I was going to make Chicken Enchilada Pasta for dinner tonight, but I am way too full for that, I will probably have some cereal, and hopefully the leftovers I brought back for Erik will be yummy enough for dinner tonight, if not I will whip something yummy up for him J.

Oh I almost forgot, dinner last night was also very yummy, it was another recipe from “Clean Eating” magazine. This one was called “Mediterranean Vegetables, White Bean and Feta Penne”.Delish. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

    • 6 ounces whole-grain penne pasta
    • 1 cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed well
    • 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
    • 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
    • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    • 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    • 1 medium zucchini, cut into eighths lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces
    • 1 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips, then cut into 2-inch pieces
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
    • 1 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta

Directions

  1. Cook penne for 12 minutes in boiling water, adding beans during the last minute of cooking.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, vinegar, basil, pepper flakes and salt; set aside.
  3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, tilting skillet to coat bottom lightly. Add zucchini and bell pepper and cook for 4 minutes or until edges begin to brown, stirring frequently. Add remaining 2 cloves garlic and cook for 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in tomato mixture and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Cover to keep warm.
  4. Drain penne-bean mixture, place in a serving bowl, sprinkle evenly with rosemary and all but 1/4 cup feta. Spoon zucchini mixture over top and finish with remaining feta.

Alright that’s all for now, Have a great day everyone!


No comments: