Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Running Again!

Hello friends!

I hope everyone is having a great day! At my physical therapy session today my therapist Melissa, was stretching my shoulder out and she told me that my range of motion in certain directions was improving! YES. This was great news! When I got back to my office I was talking to one of the owners of the company and he basically convinced me to start running again.  My physical therapist had said that I could do anything as long as it didn't hurt my shoulder. Okie, awesome!  So after work Lejia and I went to the gym.

To say I was scared to start running is an understatement.  After going to Busch Garden's and walking around all day I was sore, I couldn't even imagine what running was going to feel like.  But I did it! I ran the 2.25 miles I am supposed to be running this week.  However, I looked like an idiot while doing it.  I had my left arm tucked in, um just imagine what a turkey's wing looks like when you tie it up before putting it in the oven for thanksgiving.  Honestly it was ridiculous, but I did it and it didn't hurt too much.  I felt like I could have run further, but I started feeling a bit of pain in my shoulder so I stopped.

I have also been reading up on Labral Tears in the shoulder and have since found out that they do not heal themselves.  Which I read as, I will have to have surgery soon.  I also read that depending on the type of repair I can be fully healed in 3-4 months. Which probably means no 10k, no softball, no football...... BUT who knows, perhaps my body will super heal itself.  I have my next doctors appointment at the end of August, so I will keep you updated.

Sorry that was a bit long winded, but I am very proud of myself for overcoming my fear so I had to share.  Onto today's eats!


Lunch was another turkey and cheese wrap, yum! These are so good, I think I could have them everyday (other than my Friday lunch dates with my mommy and sissy).

For dinner tonight we had a group of 14 go to Honey Pig! Oh dear it was so delish.  My cousin, Farid, had never been to a Korean restaurant (they don't have those in Iran), and he loved it!  Sorry for the lack of before photo, we were too hungry and chatty to take a picture.  But never fear:


ahh the aftermath.  We had three tables FULL of yummy food!  I love our friends! It's been a great day and I am off to bed now!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Congrats on running again!!! I'm excited for you... I just love running so much that it makes me excited to see others getting back into it. It's awesome that your shoulder has improved so much! Soon you'll be running normally, I promise :)