Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crazy storm and a pizza

Hello friends! I hope you all liked my post yesterday, sorry it was a bit long, but I wanted to highlight a lot of stuff. So let's catch up a bit shall we, yesterday for lunch I decided to try something new that we had gotten at Trader Joes this past weekend:


I am not really a big fan of dry, premade soups because they usually have a lot of sodium and really are not good for you, but its Trader Joes, so we decided to give it a try.   I'm not going to lie and say this was amazing, because it was really just OK:


I was a bit disappointed that there was NO corn, please refer to the picture on the box, and the pictures I took:


Maybe the next one I have (we only bought two) I will eat at home, so I can add some spices and veggies, overall not bad for 99 cents.

We had a crazzzzy mega storm roll through later yesterday afternoon, which caused a lot of power outages and downed trees:




all those are from our neighbor's tree! CRAZY. Luckily Erik was home at the time so Ella had someone to keep her company as the storm rolled through.  As we were starting to clean (I am not much help, seeing as how I can't lift heavy objects with my left arm), it started to rain again so we decided to go inside and make dinner and deal with the trees later.

We made pizza again tonight:


Erik is good at rolling out the dough, and he enjoys doing it!  He did make a bit of a mess when he decided to throw the pizza dough in the air, haha too funny.  Ella had no idea what was going on.  Our pizza turned out delish, as usual:


Pesto, chicken sausage, tomatoes, onion :) I like this pesto pizza with the shredded chicken better , but this was still pretty good.

Today I had a farmer's market plum that my mom bought us this past weekend:



I don't think I have ever had a white plum before, but these are fab.  I must buy them again next weekend. For lunch today, I made a turkey and cheese wrap:



This was make with humus, greens, tomato, Trader Joe's Honey Turkey breast, and colby jack cheese.  I will be having another one of these tomorrow because they are so good, and so filling.

For dinner tonight we made some pre-marinated chicken from Trader Joe's, Sundried Tomato and basil, tater tots, veggies, and sweet potato fries:



This chicken was amazing, I think I can make the marinade myself but this was so perfect. The chicken was so juicy and flavorful. After dinner, Luke came over to help Erik clean up the trees from our backyard, while I took pictures:




haha.  This is all I could do, I am frustrated that I can't help out, but I am trying to make the best of it. Alright well that is all for now.

Did you guys have crazy storms on Monday?  What do you like to put on your pizzas?

3 comments:

Tara said...

We've had some pretty crazy storms lately too -- I sort of love them though. We've lost power a few times, but when that happens we play boardgames and break out all our lanterns and flashlights!!

Lauren said...

That storm was so random and knocked down a lot of trees. I like pepperoni, sausage, green and red peppers and onions on my pizza...mmmmm so hungry just thinking about it! teehee

Dorsa said...

oh I love boardgames :) Our power was out in the morning so getting ready for work was a bit more difficult. I don't like showering in the dark, it freaks me out!