Thursday, February 24, 2011

Build a Better You?

Our company decided to launch a new program for healthy living called the “Build a Better you Challenge”. You are in teams of 5-11 people with a captain and you can compete in 1, 2 or all 3 categories. The categories are: Weight Loss, Exercise Minutes, and Pedometer Steps. I am the captain of our team called “2 Unfit 2 Quit”, clever I know, and we decided to compete in all three categories. The competition started on February 14th and will continue for 12 weeks. Each round consists of 2 weeks, and they will post standings at the end of each round. The first standings are published on March 1st, I will keep you guys posted on our team progress!

At the beginning of this week a guy comes into work with a really bad sprained ankle, and yesterday we find out that another guy at work stepped on his shoe lace while on the treadmill, and fell and got a concussion. So much for building a better you.

I am sad to say that we did not workout last night, actually I guess I’m not really sad about it, because it was a much needed break, but I thought I should confess.
Dinner last night was the Humus Crusted Chicken and Chili Carrots I found in Better Homes and Gardens (WW points = 11 for a whole chicken breast and carrots). A little disclaimer about the 9 point chicken, the recipe asks for 2 cups of bread crumbs (I used 1/4 of a cup) and for 2/3 of the humus, I probably used less than 1/3, so the points for this meal are a bit fuzzy. The chicken was good, but I don’t think it is a “do it again meal” as we like to call really yummy meals in our family. The carrots however, I thought were really tasty. I am going to change the “Featured Recipe” tab to “Do it again meals”! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before. Here is Erik’s plate, mine was half a chicken breast and didn’t look as pretty:


Here is the recipe:
Chili Carrots (WW points= 2)
Ingredients

• 4 medium carrots, peeled and bias-sliced in 1-inch pieces
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 Tbsp. honey
• 1/2 to 1 tsp. chili powder
Directions

1. In saucepan cook carrots in boiling salted water 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In same saucepan combine oil, honey, and chili powder; cook and stir 1 minutes. Add carrots; cook 2 minutes more or until glazed. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts
• Calories72,
• Total Fat (g)4,
• Sodium (mg)46,
• Carbohydrate (g)10,
• Fiber (g)2,
• Protein (g)1,

Breakfast this morning was the same as yesterday: honey nut cheerios, 2% milk, half a banana and come coffee. WW points = 5

Today is leftover day! I love leftovers, really I do. For lunch today I have a Peach Chobani Yogurt, carrots, and the half serving of coconut chicken chili, if you can even call it a half serving, ha!


Tonight for dinner I will be having leftover baked spaghetti, and Erik will have the last Chimichanga. I hate throwing food away, and I don’t think the leftovers will make it in the fridge any longer.

Last night instead of working out we watched our recorded episode of Biggest Loser, which was a tear jerker. I don’t know why I get so attached to these people on TV, but I do and I feel like I can empathize with the struggles. After wiping off my tears, we watched this new show called Traffic Light, which comes on after Raising Hope on Tuesday nights, (Raising Hope, Glee, and House are my favorite shows, hands down, best shows on TV). Traffic Light was actually really hilarious, I highly recommend it!

Well that’s all for today!

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: