Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My reading quest

Nowadays on my Fridays off, instead of watching TV all day, I will go outside and lay in our hammock and read. It is quite relaxing, and a great way to unwind. Also when my friend Jamie is busy during lunch I get to read my book during lunch, which is also really nice.

There are 42 books I want to read, and I would like to read them this year. You may think it is impossible, seeing as how we only have 8 months left in the year, which would come out to be about 5 books a month. I think I can do it, but I am going to have to start borrowing them from the library, because this reading habit of mine is getting quite expensive.

I want to read all of Jodi Picoult’s books, as well as Nicolas Sparks. I know most of their books are similar in theme, but I really enjoy their style of writing. I also got a few other books from the NY Times bestsellers list, and Oprah’s book club. Here is my complete list:


1. The Time Traveler’s Wife- Audrey Niffenegger <- I have 30 pages left
2. Dear John- Nicolas Sparks
3. House Rules- Jodi Picoult
4. Bed of Roses- Nora Roberts
5. The lucky One- Nicolas Sparks
6. The Sun Also Rises- Earnest Hemingway
7. Vanishing Acts- Jodi Picoult
8. Savor the Moment- Nora Roberts (April 2010 release)
9. Second Glance- Jodi Picoult
10. Friday Night Knitting Club
11. Perfect Match- Jodi Picoult
12. Happy Ever After- Nora Roberts (November 2010 Release)
13. Salem Falls- Jodi Picoult
14. Message in a Bottle- Nicolas Sparks
15. Keeping Faith- Jodi Picoult
16. The Rescue- Nicolas Sparks
17. The Pact- Jodi Picoult
18. A Bend in the Road- Nicolas Sparks
19. Mercy- Jodi Picoult
20. Nights in Rodanthe- Nicolas Sparks
21. Picture Perfect- Jodi Picoult
22. The Wedding- Nicolas Sparks
23. Harvesting the Heart- Jodi Picoult
24. Three Weeks with my Brother- Nicolas Sparks
25. Songs of the Humpback Whale- Jodi Picoult
26. The Guardian- Nicolas Sparks
27. The blind Side- Michael Lewis
28. True Believer- Nicolas Sparks
29. Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert
30. At First Sight- Nicolas Sparks
31. Wicked
32. The Choice- Nicolas Sparks
33. The lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
34. The Road- Cormac McCarthy
35. My Horizontal Life- Chelsea Handler
36. Three Cups of Tea- Greg Mortenson
37. Just take my heart- Mary Higgins
38. The last child- John Hart
39. Look Again- Lisa Scottoline
40. Olive Kitteridge- Elizabeth Strout
41. Di Vinci Code- Dan Brown
42. The Shack- William P. Young


okie that is all for now!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I plan on reading a lot of books over the summer! I have a short list though, I need to add to it!!!!

I can't wait for summer! :)

Foys said...

Dear Dorsa,

I have several of the books on your list. I'd be happy to send them if you'd like. Books are meant for sharing!

-Foo Nack Mama

Susan said...

I too have some of the books on your list that I would be gald to send you - Eat,Pray,Love and Friday Night Knitting Club - let me know if you want me to send them to you - there are two books I think you should add to your list - if you haven't already read them - The Art of Racing in the Rain - this is really a good book -the narrator is a dog named Enzo -have you read it? Also: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet was a enjoyable read

Dorsa said...

oooo sharing books ya ya ya :). Thanks ladies. I do have a few of the books on my list.. I have:
The Lucky One- Nicholas Sparks
Friday Night Knitting Club
Wicked
Bed of Roses
Dear John
Lovely Bones
House Rules
The sun also rises

I think that is it. ya :) any others you would like to share send them my way! yay

and no Aunt Sue I havent read The Art of Racing in the rain, or Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. but they sound good :)