Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gardening Adventures Part 1

Last gardening season was my inaugural season, and needless to say my garden was a bit.. schizophrenic… I had planted way too many seeds, and with all the rain, the seeds had all moved so I didn’t know what was growing where. This was really only a problem with the herbs. So at the end of last season, we completely uprooted the garden, and covered it with leaves and grass clippings.

A couple of weeks ago I bought an indoor greenhouse thingy. And I planted my seeds in there. This year I will be growing: green beans, zucchini, roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, rosemary, oregano, cilantro, bell peppers, sweet basil and cucumbers. I think I already have too many plants, I will have to donate some to a few friends and family 

Last weekend we used turned the soil in our vegetable garden. They are growing quite quickly and if the weather is nice this weekend I might have to start transplanting some of them into my garden. Our little Ella is going to jump in my garden and eat all my vegetables. So I need some suggestions to keep her out, all I can think of right now is to get a few sticks and make a tall rope gate thing. I think I will try out a few Ella barriers before I transplant to see what she does with them.

I will post more gardening adventures throughout the spring and summer.

No comments: