Monday, January 26, 2009

A wonderful Gift

This past Saturday Erik and I along with both our moms went to R&R catering for a tasting. We were very happy with the food we tried. I am hoping to have a caterer booked by the end of the month.

As for our house, we did not like how the floors turned out when we stained them so I asked my mom to ask my cousin’s uncle Saeed who owns his own flooring company, if he would come look at the floors and lead us in the right direction. He came to our house Saturday morning and said that he was going to re-finish our floors for us as a wedding present! We are so grateful and could not have even imagined such a wonderful gift. Of course we told him it was too much and we couldn’t accept it but he insisted and I know he would not back down. So thank you to Saeed and Rozina for their wonderful gift.

Saeed told us we would have to finish all of our painting and anything else that needs to be done upstairs before they can work on the floors. So yesterday Erik, Ava and I went to our house and painted! We should be finished with all the painting upstairs by the end of next weekend (we hope).

Oh yea and my mommy and grandma bought us really nice curtains for all the rooms upstairs and the basement. I cant wait to put them up in the rooms!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's so nice of them!! I've heard floors are a pain.. FYI, I booked the hotel room!! We are only gonna stay there Saturday night since we are local, but it's gonna be fun!! I can't wait :)

Anya-mind said...

yay floors. and even more yays for erik not being grumpy cuz he doesn't have to do the floors! WOO!

Anonymous said...

that's so sweet! Saeed sounds like a great cousin!