Monday, February 28, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Don’t you hate it when Monday comes around and its rainy? Bleh, as if Monday’s aren’t bad enough, but add some rain and you might as well stay home.

Well I was hoping that this week would be a healthier food week, but we got back last night and I did not want to go to the store, so we are going to have to mash some stuff up this week for dinner. Luke is finally back in town (until Monday that is) and he wants to get Pho, so I think a rainy Monday is a perfect day for some Pho! But we will see.

I was reading another blog and wanted to try these fruit and Nut bars the girl always eats to see what they were all about (WW points = 5):

These are most definitely not worth the 5 WW points, I would rather have a snickers bar for 7 points.

The Iphone has this app called Fooducate, which grades the foods, gives you healthier alternatives, and the WW point values, all around an awesome app. This app is unfortunately not available yet on the android market, grr, so every time I want to fooducate something I go over to Kirstie’s desk and steal her phone. So fooducate gave these a C, not good, although I am confused as to why it would get a C rating, it does give a banana as a healthier alternative. Oh well, the Larabar was not great, and they are fairly expensive, so I will not be purchasing them again.

Tomorrow we find out where our team stands in the “Build a Better You” challenge at work. I think we need to do better, I think our team goal for pedometer steps should be at least 10,000 steps A DAY, and at least 20 minutes of exercise a day. But after tomorrow, we will see what other teams have done and what we need to do to catch up or beat them. Wish us luck!

Here are my personal achievements for the last 2 weeks:

Weight Loss: 1.5% <-- to really help out the team I need to lose 2 lbs a week...

Exercise Minutes: 1,415 minutes <-- my goal was 800 minutes!

Pedometer Steps: 132,958 Steps <-- my goal was 140,000 steps! very close


That’s all for today! :) Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: