Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vancouver Part 4

I promise only one more Vancouver post after this one and I will get back to my usual posts :). But first a few eats from yesterday:

I bought some amazing blueberries from Trader Joe's and decided to bulk up my cereal a bit with blueberries AND a banana. yum yum yummy


Some grapes for my morning snack


a cucumber and mixed greens salad, with Fat free Balsamic Vinaigrette for lunch


 and some plain Greek Yogurt, blueberries, and Banana Nut Bare Naked Granola! This was my first time ever trying this stuff and I am hooked. I hope all of their flavors are this good.


 I think I need to add more granola next time:


Okay back to Vancouver we goooooo:

This was our trip up Grouse Mountain:




 Sorry the pictures aren't amazing, we were stuck in the very middle of the skylift.


I was a bit concerned about riding the ski lifts without all my snowboard gear.

"Wait you want me....

to go up there?

on this thing?"

haha yup, just don't look down:


Unless you want to see a bear:


 and more jagged rocks and tree limbs:


There were some amazing views from the top of the mountain, I bet it would be really amazing to ski here in the winter:


 We headed back down the mountain (on the ski lifts), and sat down to enjoy the Lumber Jack Show:


 These guys were pretty hilarious:

(My sister is holding these pictures hostage, so once I get them I will put them up here.)

We also went Zip Lining! If you know me at all, I am scared of almost everything, honestly, it sucks, but I did this and I am so glad I did.  We went through 5 different lines, reaching speeds of 50mph. AH it was exhilarating! I highly recommend trying it out!

(Again my sister has these pictures, I promise I will put them up once I get them.)

After a long day we headed home to rest up. 

On Friday, we headed to Victoria.  A bit of a disclaimer about these next photos, it may look like I don't wash my clothes, but I do.  I just really love this shirt and my mom had just done the laundry and it was on top of my pile. Plus I wanted to wear my patchwork skirt and this was the only shirt I had to match.  So stop judging me!

Have you ever had pop rocks? Well I love them....and we had some in the car while we waited for the Ferry to Victoria.  

 Ferries are pretty cool:


 Especially when you go with your family:


 Once we got to Victoria, we headed to Butchart Gardens:


 They have some of the most amazing flowers there.  We took a million pictures, but I will share a few of them with you:

 This was in the middle of the gardens, a beautiful fountain.


I love archways, and my sister

cool orb picture.

 and my hubby :)


 see my patchwork skirt... wouldn't have matched anything else.


 I really love my sister :)
 and archways.


Watch out tomorrow is the last day of our trip.. my cousin Niusha's wedding and a Bridal shower for another cousin.

Cheers!

No comments: